Best Fudgiest Brownies
Chocolate plus Shiraz equals food bliss!
Treat yourself to a glass of our fabulous 2021 Ablington Shiraz.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup good quality, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 200g roughly chopped chocolate or large chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F. Lightly grease an 8×12-inch baking pan* with cooking oil spray. Line with parchment paper (or baking paper); set aside.
2. Combine melted butter, oil and sugars together in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in colour (another minute).
3. Sift in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over beat as doing so well affect the texture of your brownies)
4. Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate pieces. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly, and top with remaining chocolate pieces. Bake for 25-30 minutes for just under-done brownies (fudgier texture) or until the centre of the brownies no longer jiggles and is JUST set to the touch
NOTE: Brownies will continue baking and set in the hot pan out of the oven. If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out dirty for fudge-textured brownies.
6. After 15-20 minutes, carefully remove them out of the pan and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies. They set while they cool.