Seafood and Semillon make the ultimate pairing.
Try this with our 2017 Single Vineyard Oakey Creek Semillon Reserve.
- 350g sashimi quality kingfish ( or salmon if unavailable)
- 1 medium golden shallot minced
- 1 tbspn Verjuice (or limejuice)
- 1/4 cup capers rinsed and chopped
- 4 or 5 basil leaves torn
- 1 bunch watercress washed, stemmed, dried
- 1 lemon rind zested
- 4 tbspn Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- To taste salt flakes, and cracker pepper.
1. Cut the kingfish fillet into thin slices across the grain and arrange in a radiating circle around the serving dish.
2. In a small bowl, cover shallots with Verjuice. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Add the shallot, capers, basil leaves, watercress and zest of the lemon to a mixing bowl and season to taste, being careful not to add too much salt as the capers will give some of the seasoning that is required.
4. Refrigerate fish until ready to serve. Then divide the fish evenly across four plates and drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Recipe: from one of our favourite cooks Maggie Beer.